Bioengineering Systems and Technologies for Prosthetics and Rehabilitation
Students get knowledge of prosthetics objects modeling and rehabilitation bioengineering systems design. They get skills of practical work with modern technologies and systems for disabled patient examination, ability of carrying out scientific research during the development of new systems for rehabilitation.
The structure of the degree program consists of advanced professional studies, elective courses and Master’s Thesis.
Master students carry out individual professionally oriented work, scientific research and thesis at leading medical centers of Saint-Petersburg.
Educational process provides studying of the following special subjects:
- Rehabilitation systems and technologies;
- Biomechanical and mathematical simulation of prosthetic objects;
- Technologies for estimation of prosthetic objects;
- Methods of computer processing and analysis of medical data;
- Automated image analysis;
- Automation of biomedical research;
- Analysis and design of electronic systems;
- Modern problems of biomedical engineering;
- Biotechnical systems and technologies;
- Information systems in rehabilitation;
- Computer aided design of rehabilitation equipment.
The apprenticeship for appropriate educational-qualifying levels
Master’s program – 2 years
Post-graduate courses program – 3 years
An academic year includes 2 semesters beginning on 1st September and 10th February, winter holidays - 2 weeks, summer holidays - 2 months (July, August). Master’s Thesis defense is in June.
Educational programs of «LETI» are constantly modernized, following the principle «Training through research». Graduates of our university receive new, profound knowledge and practical skills of work.
The program is realized by the Department of Bioengineering Systems. The Head of the Master’s Program is D.Sc. in Engineering, Ph. D, Professor Zafar Yuldashev (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Abstracts of courses
1. Rehabilitation systems and technologies
Content and stages of medical rehabilitation. Basic modern technologies for rehabilitation of human locomotor system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, nervous system and sensory system, endocrine system. Bioengineering systems for rehabilitation of disabled patients.
2. Biomechanical and mathematical simula tion of prosthetic objects
Basic methods and application of modern software for simulation of human organs and systems with the purpose to examine prosthetic objects features and evaluate optimal conditions and parameters for prosthetics are studied.
3. Technologies for estimation of prosthetic objects
Research methods and modern tool technologies for estimation of prosthetic objects are studied.
4. Methods of computer processing and analysis of medical data
Modern methods of computer processing and analysis of biomedical data are studied.
5. Automated image analysis
Up-to-date methods of medical image automated processing are studied: special frequency filtering, staining, color coding, spectral and correlation analysis, wavelet image analysis.
6. Automation of biomedical research
Basic methods of research automation, experimental design, doctor’s decision-making support are studied.
7. Analysis and design of electronic systems
Up-to-date tools for design of electronic systems and facilities for rehabilitation purposes, simulation of electronic systems and their electric parameters research are studied.
8. Modern problems of biomedical engineering
Application issues of modern achievements in Information and Computer Technologies, micro and nano Electronics, Radio Engineering for the purpose of biomedical engineering are studied.
9. Information systems in rehabilitation
Application issues of Information Technologies and systems for medical rehabilitation problems optimization are studied.
10. Biotechnical systems and technologies
Application issues of modern methods of biomedical research in the development of technical means for diagnostics, treatment, control and prediction of human health state are studied.
For support in registration, accommodations or any questions about the admission process, please contact International Students Office email@example.com
For questions regarding programme content, please contact the programme coordinator Glazova A. firstname.lastname@example.org