Council on morale building of educational institutions of Petrogradsky district
Meeting on creation of the Council on morale building of educational institutiions under the administration of Petrogradsky district took place on March 17.
Meeting on creation of the Council on morale building of higher and secondary educational institutiions under the administration of Petrogradsky district took place on March 17 in the Petrogradsky district administration. Representatives of educational institutions of this district attended the event.
Vice-rector for Students’ work and social questions of LETI N. V. Lisenko, who was assigned the chairman of this Council, delivered the report at the meeting on plans and directions of its work. In his report N.V. Lisenko outlined aspects which determine the direction of educational work, such as ethnic conflicts, difficulties in employment of graduates, over-indulgence of youth in social networks.
In an interview with our correspondent A. Fedyaeva Nikolai V. Lisenko commented on this event and told us about aims and activity areas of the new body.
- Would you tell me, please, why the need for creating the Council appeared? Who contributed to this?
- In ideology of Russian state there is certain vacuum, and intensification of educational work could help to fill it. Our university has been aware for a long time that you need to keep an eye not only on education, but also on upbringing of youth. I think it’s right that education is registered separately in new education act, there is its definition and there are series of actions on its realization. Today education should be considered as a fairly independent and important aspect of any educational institution.
We should not forget that 70% of LETI first-year students are nonresident. It’s necessary to note if the university helps them to immerse in unfamiliar environment, if it contributes to their successful adaptation in such cities as St. Petersburg. We should keep an eye on youth organizations that exist in our area, on what they do and how they influence other . For this reason, LETI contributed to the establishment of such a council.
- What are the main goals and objectives of the Council ?
- The main aim is to consolidate the efforts of all the educational institutions of secondary and higher education of Petrogradsky district in order to create necessary conditions to facilitate the active involvement of students in various scope of activities of the region and enhance their social activity. We will try to involve youth in social practice, to inform them on the potential possibilities of self-development, to support their creativity. Work will also concern communication of students and teachers, as some moments here require adjustment. Our goal is to develop policy in this area. Specific youth organizations and educational institutions must implement this strategy through various activities.
- How many members will be there in the Council?
- There will be 18-20 members in the Council and seven people in presidium which will assemble more often then the Council itself and will define tactical and strategic line .
- When the Council will begin its work?
- In fact, the Council has already started functioning, the main directions of its activities have already been outlined. However, it will start to work officially when the order of Petrogradsky district administration head J. N. Gladunov will come out.