European Alumni Forum2017
On 25 March 2017, the European Alumni Forum2017 - Connected World Today and Tomorrow - will take place at the „Russian House of Science and Culture”, Friedrichstrasse 176-179, 10117 Berlin. The organizer - Go East Generation e.V. (GEG) - is a society of German alumni of Russian and Soviet institutes and universities in Germany. The Forum2017 is co-hosted and promoted by the Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University “LETI” and the “Russian House of Science and Culture” as the representative of Rossotrudnichestvo in Germany and is supported by the German AcademicExchange Service DAAD.
The Forum2017 is mainly aiming at uniting people from all over Europe who experience cooperation with Russia in their daily life in their respective countries. These can be:
- students and young professionals,
- experienced practitioners, alumni of Soviet and Russian institutes and universities,
- actors in cooperative initiatives in the fields of education, science, research, economy, culture, civil society and social matters.
During six parallel workshops, participants can discuss different aspects of information and communication technologies (ICT):
- From Smart City to Industry 4.0
- Telecommunications in Health Care
- From Analog to Digital - Path into the World 4.0
- Legal Implications in the Digital World Today and Tomorrow
- Universities and Their Alumni Networks
- Arts and Culture in the Digital World of Tomorrow
The organizers and sponsors as well as enterprises and universities will present themselves in a small exhibition at the atrium throughout the event. The plenum in the afternoon will be opened by the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to Germany. Participants will hear two impulse lectures and get the chance to discuss the issues with the rest of the group. Furthermore, summaries of the individual workshops will be given.
For the evening, a gala reception by the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation in Germany in the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Germany is scheduled. The Forum2017 shall provide excellent opportunities for the development of personal contacts, as well as to set up networks across generations and different areas of business and social enterprises.